Wednesday, September 24, 2008

hope

My days are robotic, happiness filled, but robotic. We get up, get dressed, go to school/work/grandma's, work all day, return to school/grandma's for pick up, go home, eat dinner, take a bath, play a bit, kids go to bed, mommy does laundry and checks email, falls into bed and then we do it all again the next day. Granted weekends are completely family focused but again busy. But at least we are busy all under the same roof and sky.
Every day that we are given is a blessing. But as a result of the busy schedule I don't have time to watch the news...so I feel a bit behind.
Today I learned about a couple from Utah that are slowly recovering from a private plane crash from which they suffered burns on the majority of their bodies. Their four beautiful children are being cared for by family as they recover.
Through some blogs and newsletters I am subscribed to I learned of the efforts to raise funds for this family and the nationwide effort to tell their story and more then anything, ask the public to keep them in their prayers.
I have added a link to fundraising and updates to the right.

This is just one horrific story in a world filled with a lot of suffering but I feel every little bit we do helps, and if we just add this family to our good thoughts and wishes, it will make a difference.
Every day is a blessing and we must not forget that...

No comments: